var _gaq = _gaq || ; _gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-34216492-1']); _gaq.push(['_trackPageview']);
Whether you’re an experienced cocktail party host, or are just stepping into the stylish world of cocktail party entertaining, here are tips to help make your next party a successful event.
- Stock up on plenty of ice. You’ll need it for chilling bottles of wine or champagne as well as serving in drinks on the rocks. A good rule of thumb is plan to have 1-pound of ice per guest.
- Be prepared with an assortment of glass styles to cover the type of drinks you plan to serve. These include wine glasses for wines, juice and water; straight-sided highballs for tall drinks; tumblers for spirits and juices; and martini glasses.
- Have twice as many glasses on hand as guests. For wine, champagne and martini glasses, wine glass charms will help guests to keep track of glasses as they mill about your party.
- For a basic bar you’ll want to stock up on vodka, whiskey, wines and beer. For a more complete bar you can add gin, tequila, rum, bourbon, vermouth, sherry, and brandy.
- Don’t forget to stock up on mixers (all flavors of Powell & Mahoney) , plus garnishes – lemons, limes, mint leaves, celery.
Don’t worry about hiring a bartender to mix the drinks for your party, you’ve got Powell & Mahoney! That will allow you much more time to socialize with your guests.